Sisters at Heart
Welcome Breast Cancer Survivor Dragon Boat Teams!
Sisters at Heart Celebration Saturday August 2, 2014
For more information please contact us.
Come share some paddling fun with Dragonheart Vermont, a breast cancer survivor team in Burlington, Vermont. We paddle on beautiful Lake Champlain where the mountain views are breathtaking and the sunsets are picture perfect. We love dragon boating and know that you do, too. Please join us for our Sisters at Heart Celebration on Saturday August 2, 2014.
Dragonheart has planned a memorable weekend for you and your team. It’s a special day of workshops, racing, food, camaraderie, and fun just for breast cancer survivor (BCS) teams like yours. Our focus is on celebrating our sisterhood. It’s all about paddling together and laughing together. After the morning workshops we'll serve up a delicious picnic lunch, including those incredible Green Mountain iced coffees! We'll have 500 meter races on Saturday and 200 meter races on Sunday. There will be medals and trophies (and ERDBA points, for qualified teams) for first and second place teams in both events.
The day’s highlights include:
- Improve your paddling skills with a Paddling Workshop with our coaching staff. A 500-meter race will follow your workshop.
- A second workshop - details TBA.
- Delight in a delicious picnic on the park lunch with your Sisters at Heart
- Turn up your team paddling skills to vie for the Sisters at Heart 500-m Champ Cup
- Treat yourself at our Ben & Jerry’s ice cream social.
And Saturday’s festivities are just the start! On Sunday, August 3, all of our Sisters at Heart teams will be honored guests at the Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival, joining 64 community teams for a full day of racing, entertainment and fun. Breast Cancer teams will compete in a BCS division and race for the Sisters at Heart 200-m Champ Cup. Each participant will paddle in two 500-meter races on Saturday and two 200-meter races on Sunday and receive a festival T-shirt and medal!
The cost is just $1785 US for a team (up to 20 paddlers plus 1 drummer) for the entire weekend! Additional participants can be added for $85 US per person, and friends can join us for lunch and ice cream on Saturday for $20 US per person. The entry fee is non-refundable should the crew decide to withdraw from the race or should the race be canceled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer's control.
Registration for Sisters at Heart 2014
1. Before you start your registration please be sure to read the Sisters at Heart Festival Q & A.
2. Space is limited this year to just 10 BCS teams, so act quickly to secure your team slot. You can ensure that your team is participating by registering and paying as soon as registration opens. Registration is expected to open late March or early April. Let us know if your team is interested, and we'll be sure to notify you as soon as the registration opening date is set.
3. To secure a spot for your team, your team captain must register a minimum of 16 paddlers and a drummer and pay the registration fee.The registration fee is $1785 per boat, and includes up to 20 paddlers and 1 drummer. The registration fee includes both Saturday's Sisters at Heart event and Sunday's Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival.
4. You can change your roster and add alternates, steerspersons, and non-paddler family and friends. You may enter a maximum of 26 members for your team. You may have up to 20 paddlers, 1 drummer, and the remaining 5 may be any combination of alternates, steerspersons, non-paddling participants and lunch supporters.
5. The cost for any non-paddling participants is $85 US per person for the weekend. The cost of adding a family member or friend to join us for Saturday's picnic lunch and ice cream social is $20 US per person.
6. Payment will be automatically calculated for you when you register. We appreciate a lump sum Visa or Mastercard payment via our convenient online payment form.
7. We will provide you with a steersperson/coach for Saturday's workshop and races. If there is room in your boat your steersperson/coach may paddle on Saturday.
8. We also provide a steersperson/coach for Sunday's races. If you want your steersperson to steer on Sunday at the Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival, he or she must get pre-approval by Dragonheart staff. Lake Champlain can be a challenge at times, as many steerspeople have learned. We just want to make sure that everyone is safe. The steersperson/coach is the same $85 for the weekend.
Please contact us with any questions.
If you are coming from out of town, please see About Burlington and the Sisters at Heart FAQ's for information regarding Burlington, Restaurants, and Lodging. We highly recommend that you stay at the Burlington Doubletree or the Best Western Windjammer. Ask for special Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival/Sisters at Heart pricing.
Please Read Before Clicking on the Register Now button
NOTE: The Register Now button will take you to a registration form that is also used for our community teams. Please do not be confused by any registration or pricing information that you may see if you scroll up on the page.