Sisters at Heart
Welcome Breast Cancer Survivor Dragon Boat Teams!
Due to early demand, Registration for 2013 Sisters at Heart is now closed.
For more information please contact us.
Come share some paddling fun with Dragonheart Vermont, a breast cancer survivor team in Burlington, Vermont. We paddle on beautiful Lake Champlain where the mountain views are breathtaking and the sunsets are picture perfect. We love dragon boating and know that you do, too. Please join us for our Sisters at Heart Celebration on Saturday August 3, 2013
Dragonheart has planned a memorable weekend for you and your team. It’s a special day of paddling workshops, sing-along workshops, racing, food, camaraderie, and fun just for breast cancer survivor (BCS) teams like yours. Our focus is on celebrating our sisterhood. It’s all about paddling together and laughing together. Everyone loved the delicious food and the relaxation of our picnic lunch last year so we are going to repeat it again this year - even the Green Mountain iced coffees! We have stepped up racing as well. Any ERDBA team can earn points by racing at our weekend events. A 500 meter race will be held on Saturday with trophies and medals awarded to the first and second place teams. A 200 meter race will run on Sunday, again with trophies and medals for first and second place teams.
The day’s highlights include:
- Improve your paddling skills with a Power-On-the-Water Paddling Workshop with Montreal’s 22 Dragons coaching staff. A 500-meter race will follow your workshop.
- Enjoy the melodies of the Sisters Sing-a-Long Workshop, where you will learn our Flower Ceremony song with Vermont’s best women’s a cappella group, Maiden Vermont. Come to this workshop prepared to show your Spirit! We've eliminated Spirit judging for Sisters teams this year. It's impossible to pick a favorite; you're all amazing! Everyone will receive a thank you gift for coming and sharing your phenomenal Spirit with us.
- Delight in a delicious picnic on the park lunch with your Sisters at Heart
- Savor a demo of some simple and healthy summer salad recipes by Chef Curtiss Hemm. Check out this www.pinkribboncooking.com and this yummy recipe for Vermont Dragon Crunch
- Turn up your team paddling skills to vie for the Sisters at Heart 500-m Champ Cup
- Treat yourself at our Ben & Jerry’s ice cream social.
And Saturday’s festivities are just the start! On Sunday, August 4, all of our Sisters at Heart teams will be honored guests at the Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival, joining 64 Vermont community teams for a full day of racing, entertainment and fun. Breast Cancer teams will compete in a BCS division and race for the Sisters at Heart 200-m Champ Cup. Each participant will paddle in two 500-meter races on Saturday and two 200-meter races on Sunday and receive a festival T-shirt, hat, and medal!
The cost is just $85 USD per person for the entire weekend! The entry fee is non- refundable should the crew decide to withdraw from the race or should the race be canceled for reasons beyond the Event Organizer's control.
Registration is closed for Sisters at Heart 2013
1. Before you start your registration please be sure to read the Sisters at Heart Festival Q & A.
2. Space is limited this year to just 10 BCS teams, so act quickly to get your registration in to secure your team slot. For your registration fee you get: paddling workshop, sing-along workshop, picnic lunch, ice cream social, Festival shirt, Festival hat, and Festival medal, and the chance to vie for BCS racing trophies! You can ensure that your team is participating by registering and paying as soon as registration opens on April 1, 2013.
3. To secure a spot for your team, your team captain must register and submit payment for a minimum of 16 paddlers and a drummer. You can change your roster and add alternates, steerspersons, and non-paddler family and friends at a later date. You may enter a maximum of 26 members for your team. You may have up to 20 paddlers, 1 drummer, and the remaining 5 may be any combination of alternates, steerspersons, non-paddling participants and up to 2 lunch supporters
4. We will provide you with a steersperson/coach. 22Dragons staff will steer and coach on Saturday. If there is room in your boat your steersperson/coach may paddle on Saturday.
5. If you want your steersperson to steer on Sunday at the Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival, he or she must get pre-approval by Dragonheart staff. Lake Champlain can be a challenge at times, as many steerspeople have learned. We just want to make sure that everyone is safe. The steersperson/coach is the same $85 for the weekend.
6. The cost for any non-paddling participants is $85 USD pp for the weekend. The cost of adding a family member or friend to join us for the picnic lunch and ice cream social is $20 USD pp. There is a limit of 2 lunch supporters per team. If we have room at the end of registration, we will open up the remaining slots to teams to fill on a first come, first served basis.
7. Payment will be automatically calculated for you based on the number of racers you enter at $85 USD pp and $20 USD pp for lunch only supporters. We would appreciate a lump sum Visa or Mastercard payment via our convenient online payment form.
Any questions, please contact us. We will get back to you soon.
If you are coming from out of town, please see About Burlington and the Sisters at Heart FAQ's for information regarding Burlington, Restaurants, and Lodging. We highly recommend that you stay at the Burlington Doubletree or the Best Western Windjammer. Ask for special Lake Champlain Dragon Boat Festival/Sisters at Heart pricing.
Please Read Before Clicking on the Register Now button
NOTE: The Register Now button will take you to a registration form that is also used for our community teams. Please do not be confused with any registration or pricing information that you may see if you scroll up on the page. Fees for Breast Cancer Teams are a special rate of $85 per person for two days of events.