Transportation and Parking
With thousands of paddlers and spectators at Burlington’s Waterfront Park, parking spaces close to the festival site will be extremely limited. There are about 200 parking spots, for $5.00 per car, in a private lot owned by Main Street Landing on the east side of Lake Street. Lake Street will be one way, heading North, on festival day.
For festival teams, look for the Drop and Run signs on Lake Street to locate where and how to unload your team gear and park. You must have at least two people in your car to make use of the Drop and Run. Volunteers will be along this area to make sure it is safe and expeditious! Drivers will depart via Depot Street and exit via North Avenue to find parking.
Consult the Parking in Burlington map to familiarize yourself with the area and parking lots mentioned below.
We urge you to use:
- City of Burlington Parking Garage on Cherry Street
- City of Burlington Parking Garage on Bank Street
- The Macy’s lot on the Lake end of the Burlington Town Center - This lot has about 1000 spaces. New rules have just gone into place for this lot; there may be a charge for parking even on Sundays. Street meters in this area are free on Sundays.
- Union Station Lot - There are about 110 spaces and the owner may or may not charge for the day.
- Boathouse Lot - This is city owned with a daily fee for each of the 100 spaces.
CCTA has a FREE College St. route! It originates at the Renaissance turnaround and entrance at Fletcher Allen Health Care. Spectators and racers can park at the Water Tower Parking lot at UVM and walk over to the pick up at FAHC. Click here for that route!
Of course the best way to get to the festival is to walk, bike, skateboard, take the bus or car pool. We're going to make this year's festival as green as can be. You can help by leaving your car in the driveway!
There is limited handicapped parking available near the waterfront. Every effort will be made to enable access by an individual with a disability. To help us make accommodations, please contact us a minimum of three days prior to the event.
The City of Burlington will be providing bike valet parking on Festival Day.